Frequently Asked Questions

To serve you better, Coryell City Water Supply District has compiled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, please contact us at (254) 865-6089.

How could I have used this much water?
You could possibly have a leak.  Check all toilets, faucets, water heaters, visible water pipes, and even areas where water pipes are buried.  Some leaks are difficult to detect. More people are working from home and use more water than usual. Consider if you are using more water (i.e., taking longer showers, landscaping projects which require more watering, getting pool refilled or sprinkler systems) or if you have a leak somewhere else in your home.  If you can't find the leak, A plumber may be able to check for leaks and get them fixed. Those who find it is a leak, can at their expense work with a plumber. Call the office and we will work with you to solve the problem.

What is the monthly meter fee?
The monthly fee for a water meter is determined by the size of the meter. This is your base service charge before any water usage.

Meter Size Fee
5/8" $60.00
3/4" $82.50
1" $127.50
1 1/2" $240.00
2" $375.00

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

You can check your meter and the surrounding area for leaks.  We may be working on water pipes in your area.  If this is the case, pressure should improve in a short period of time.  If you are concerned, call our office and report the low pressure.

Why is my water discolored?
A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the water to have a milky appearance. You can run your faucets to get air out of the lines.  If color does not improve, please call our office.

What treatment process does our district use?
Coryell City Water Supply District’s water treatment process is approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.

My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?
Yes.  All public water systems are required to maintain minimum chlorine levels by state law. Systems that use chloramine as a disinfectant must maintain state law levels.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?
It may be possible your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: It is recommended to hire a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and/or damaging the water heater.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?
We may have received your payment after the due date.  We may not have received your payment before the new monthly statement cycle. Payments received after 4:30pm will be credited the next business day. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

I Only had a small leak. How can my bill be so high? Small Leaks can be Very Costly!

1/32" Leak wastes up to 175 gallons of water in 24 hours.

1/16" Leak wastes up to 900 gallons of water in 24 hours.

1/8" Leak wastes up to 3600 gallons of water in 24 hours.

You must complete our Service Application, provide a copy of the General Warranty Deed verify easement and a reading off of the meter, Deposit and Transfer fees. Payment required to start service will be discussed further with a customer service representative.

INSTALLED? Under our forms tab you will need to print off a meter request form fill out and e-mail to us info@coryellcitywater.com
You will be required to provide a copy of your General Warranty Deed that has been filed with the courthouse for an Easement. The fees applicable for service will be discussed at that time. *Non-refundable Engineering fees may be required.

CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILTIY: Customer shall install gate valve or cut-off valve on their side of meter for purpose of shutting water off. CCWSD angle stop at the meter shall not be used. CCWSD no longer installs or maintains pressure regulators. Pressures could be as high as 120 psi. Customer shall install and maintain pressure regulators as needed. ***Meter must be placed by a gate or driveway, or Customer will be required to install a walk-through gate or a climbing device/ladder over the fence to provide accessibility to the meter.

SERVICE TRIP FEE: The District shall charge a trip fee of $40.00 for any service call or trip to Customer’s tap as a result of a request by the owner or resident.

Texas Law states that anyone digging deeper than 12 inches is required to call 1-800-DIGTESS to have all underground utilities marked. A flat fee of $500.00, plus estimated water loss at customer rate, labor, materials, water sampling fees and any other expense incurred by District shall be charged on damages resulting from member and/or entity failing to call 811 office/operator to locate water line before digging or by hitting marked line. 811

How do I get a 911 address for my new property?

If you need a 911 address - please call the number listed below for the county where the property is located.

Bell County - 254-770-2200 ext. 2371

Bosque County - 254-435-6234

Coryell County -  888-889-1910

Falls County -  254-883-3376

Hamilton County -  888-889-1910

McLennan County -  254-776-8911

Milam County -  888-889-1910

Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Prevention
1. Protect the Public Water Supply:
o Safeguard potable water from contamination.
o Isolate and contain customers’ internal distribution systems.
2. Eliminate or Control Cross Connections:
o Prevent unintended connections between potable and non-potable systems.
3. Maintain an Effective Program:
o Continuously prevent contamination through cross-connections.
1. Federal Safe Drinking Water Act of 1974:
o Legal framework for water quality protection.
2. TCEQ rg-195 (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality):
o Guidelines for program implementation.
Owner’s Responsibilities
1. Install, Maintain, and Test Backflow Preventers:
o At their expense.
o Correct malfunctions revealed during periodic testing.
2. Inform the District:
o Proposed or modified cross-connections.
o Existing cross-connections not yet discovered.
3. Avoid Bypassing Backflow Preventers:
o Install bypasses only if a similar backflow preventer exists.
o Additional devices for testing if operations cannot be shut down.
4. Use Approved Devices:
o Install backflow preventers as approved by the District.
o Dual check valves are not acceptable protection.
Testing and Compliance
1. Annual Testing:
o Licensed testers perform annual tests.
o Copies of test results and maintenance documentation submitted to the District.
2. Device Failures:
o Repair or replace failing backflow preventers at the Owner’s expense.
o Re-test after repairs.
o High hazard situations addressed promptly.
3. Additional Testing:
o History of test failures warrants more frequent testing.
o Degree of hazard determines testing frequency.
1. Hose Bib Vacuum Breakers:
o Effective upon acceptance of this Cross Connection Control program for Coryell City Water Supply District, all hose bibs must have a permanently attached hose bib vacuum breaker.
2. Strainers:
o Pair backflow devices with strainers to prevent fouling.

Owner’s Responsibilities
1. Install, Maintain, and Test Backflow Preventers:
o The Owner is responsible for installing, maintaining, and testing backflow preventers on their premises at their own expense.
o Correct any malfunctions revealed during periodic testing.
2. Inform the District:
o The Owner must promptly inform the District of:
 Proposed or modified cross-connections.
 Existing cross-connections not yet discovered by the District.
3. Avoid Bypassing Backflow Preventers:
o Bypasses around backflow preventers are allowed only if a similar backflow preventer exists on the bypass.
o If operations cannot be shut down for testing, additional devices must allow testing.
4. Use Approved Devices:
o Install backflow preventers as approved by the District.
o Dual check valves are not acceptable forms of protection.
1. Initial Water Use Permit:
o Upon service installation, the District allows the Owner to obtain a 90-day water use permit, delaying the initial inspection.
o If construction is incomplete, the Owner may apply for an additional 90-day extension.
o However, if no permit is present, water supply will be terminated until a new permit is obtained or a CSI (Cross-Connection Survey Inspection) is completed.



Scroll to Top